Monday 1 June 2009

Through the keyhole

LOL! was given exclusive access to the home of one of the residents of Open Life Village.

Here, Jadis Mai gives us the lowdown on No. 3 Teleport Terrace.


The Fish Tank

When I bought my own house in RL in 1997, there was a huge fish tank built into the wall between the living room and kitchen. I loved it, but maintaining it was very hard work and in the end it had to go. Now, with small children and cats, a fish tank is probably a bad idea, so this is my way of having one without the worry of cats or boys eating the fish and without the need for tank cleaning.


Diello’s Mugs

Diello’s is my cafe in SL. It’s named for my youngest son - Diello is one of his middle names. When I set up my first cafe, Kickaha made me these mugs using the texture I’d made for the cafe signs. Diello is the Crown Prince of Borovnia, a fictional world created by the lead characters in the film “Heavenly Creatures”.


Laundry

This is really me having a joke with myself because I hate doing laundry, and my laundry pile is actually more of a laundry mountain! I’m pleased with how this all looks because everything in the room was free.


Pan’s Picture

This is a picture of a friend I met on Plurk and then met in-world, Pantaleimon Aeon. It’s actually a portrait of his avatar. He posted it on Plurk, and I loved it as soon as I saw it. I asked if he would mind if I used it in my cafe because it perfectly matched the colour scheme there, but I love it so much I also put a copy in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment