Thursday 1 October 2009

Through the keyhole

LOL! was given exclusive access to the allotment of one of the residents of Open Life Village.

Here, Tori Landau tells us about her favourite things on allotment 14.


The ice cream bowl
The bowl was the first proper object that I made and along with the ice cream makes an occasional appearance. Placing the bowl on the table always makes me smile because when originally repositioning the ice cream I managed to send a scoop scooting off into the rocks that surround the sandpit and couldn’t find it anywhere. Thank goodness for parcel auto-return!
Paddy

Representing an RL macaw of my acquaintance, Paddy contains an age detection script given to me by Lilac. The script has the effect of imitating the real Paddy’s mischievous nature and so far there have been no protests when someone clicks on him and he announces their age to half of the allotments.


The bean bags




Kered gave me one of these the evening that I took possession of my patch of OU SL heaven and I could barely copy it fast enough to provide enough seating for those who appeared for a very enjoyable natter. Various poses are scheduled to be added soon.


Birds of Paradise plants


Placed in the corners to provide colour, these are a recent addition and since in RL I’m the opposite of green fingered I hope that they continue to thrive. One plant mysteriously found its way onto Jolly’s doorstep so belated apologies to Jolly if you had to wade through greenery for half a day to gain entrance to your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment