Thursday 1 October 2009

Agony aunt

OLiVe’s very own Marjorie Proops answers readers concerns with inimitable style.



Dear Auntie
I can’t teleport home. Could this be something to do with land permissions? I don’t own my home, I just rent so maybe that’s the problem.
-Confused

Dear Confused
Did you remember to log into Second Life first? I remember your last letter about the faulty phantom door and your trip to Casualty, so please bear in mind that you’ll have to get the bus home like everyone else. Just please tell me you weren’t making the whooshing noise on the pavement outside your office...



Dear Auntie
I think the original OLiVe tenancies come to an end soon - is it permitted to put one's name down again on the list for a house?
-Rose

Dear Rose
Thanks for the only sensible question on this page! We need more! The answer is yes, applying to stay is encouraged. The selection rules will still apply though, so if there is a large number of applications from new people, some of “older” residents could find themselves asked to make way. Remember that OLiVe is open to all anyway, so one doesn’t need to have a house be welcome.



Dear Auntie
Some avs I know were talking the other night about RL. What is RL? They offered to show me but frankly it sounds awful. Is it safe? Or legal?
- A Concerned Av

Dear Concerned Av
It sounds as if your friends may be mixed up with some dangerous stuff. RL stands for Real Life (excuse my language). They will probably try to tell you that this aberration is just harmless fun, but the statistics tell a very different story. Remember the case in the newspapers about that man who was divorced when he went there?!! Most authorities agree that there is very little evidence to suggest that RL even exists. Take my advice and find some new friends who don’t dabble in the occult.

No comments:

Post a Comment