Monday 3 May 2010

Time gentlemen please

LOL! introduces your new pub landlord


Avatar name: Prash Mavendorf

Role: Pub Landloard at the Open Arms.

What inspired you to be the landloard? Being a non-alcoholic drinker in Real Life, I felt at home taking this role. I will be able to remain sober (despite some Second Life pictures showing me in less favourable drinking positions), serve good drinks and good food. I love being around people and love to chat about loads of things. My general knowledge may not be great, but I do know a thing or two about the Open University (especially as I have been with them for 9 years). I can try and help point you in the right direction for help and advice. If you can't trust your friendly pub landlord for advice, who can you trust?

What are your plans for the pub? I have a few ideas. Nothing set in stone just yet. I'm hoping to introduce some Glass of white wine / fruit-based drinks for the ladies and more pints for the gents (ok, that's enough of the Al Murray talk. lol). I am hoping to put a juke box style device in the pub so that the punters can listen to a radio station of some choice. Further down the line, I am looking to host events such as League Pool (outdoors), League Darts and more frequent pub quizes. These are just ideas at the moment, nothing concrete, and would welcome ideas from the community. Don't worry, I won't be banning smoking in the pub (unless it's banned anyway!).

Will you be offering food and other drinks? I hope so. I would like to introduce some non-alcoholic beverages, choice of sarnies and snacks and other nibbles. I don't think I will be doing Curry nights just yet. But ideas are always welcome. It may take a while to get it right, so please hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment