Saturday 1 August 2009

View from the allotments

Open Life regular Leornian Naidoo gives us her thoughts on life down on the allotments.


LNFFISWDPP by Leornian Naidoo

Hello again, it’s Sunday, August 7th 2009 and exciting things are happening at the OLIVe Allotments.

New neighbours have come to grace the landscape with their individual and original allotment designs. It’s a real pleasure for the senses to walk through it.

As I mentioned in the last article, I wanted to try bringing something of my PL (Physical Life) garden into SL. But the question of the beautiful kohlrabi has been hanging in the air since then. It’s not that it’s difficult to do. The problem has been lack of funds, an issue I do not take lightly.
At the forefront of this issue is the requirement to have a Paypal account in order to transfer cash to Linden dollars. I do not have a Paypal account and I also have no intention of creating one. (So much for participation! lol) However all is not lost.

Last night at the incredible ABBA party (thanks DEEDEE and Aseret for thinking it up and Esh and Kick for pulling things together!) I won second place after the beautiful Titiana Haystack in the Best Costume Competition that we knew nothing about! In lieu of this occasion and my absolute delight at winning something, I will follow the Strangie Vaher tradition and will share my winnings by creating the Leornian Naidoo Fund for Impoverished Students who dislike Paypal. (LNFFISWDPP)

So, this week I will be bringing a few new adornments to my allotment. Hopefully the beautiful kohlrabi will soon have a new home at The OLIVe Gardens. Check back soon!

The OLIVe Gardens are located on the southwest corner of Open Life Village Island and are a great place to visit so please join us when you have time.


Aspiring gardeners and grillers can apply for an allotment by writing to: VirtualWorlds@open.ac.uk

There are 16 allotments each measuring 96 sq. meters.

The separate plots have 71 prims each that can be used to decorate and build your garden paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment